The City of Garland Transfer Station offers a convenient place for Garland residents to bring their household trash and brush & bulky goods in between regularly scheduled weekly collection days, free of charge. Contractors and residents of nearby cities can also use the City of Garland Transfer Station for a fee.
Please note, no trailers, box trucks, or dump trucks are accepted at the Transfer Station.
While you’re at the Transfer Station, don’t forget to check out our Residential Recycling Center, which accepts all regular household recyclables accepted in the blue recycling carts and more!
|972-205-3500||1426 Commerce St. Garland, TX 75040||Monday - Friday:|
All loads must be tarped and secured prior to arrival or a $20 surcharge will be assessed.
Free for Garland residents with proof of residency.
All others charged a per-ton fee based on load weight:
- Household trash
- Lawn and yard waste
- Non-donatable furniture and household items
- Building, construction and remodeling materials, including:
- Piping, wire, plumbing materials, gypsum board (sheetrock), lumber, windows and doors, siding, flooring, air filters and insulation materials.
- Window glass and mirrors
- Wood Fencing
Need to dispose of hazardous waste?
- Visit the Dallas County Home Chemical Collection Center at 11234 Plano Road in Dallas or call 214-553-1765 for information.
Need to dispose of large household appliances?
- Visit Garland’s Recycling Center’s scrap metal collection area at 1426 Commerce Street.